The seminar covers optimization and parallelization techniques for modern multi- and manycore systems. The topics are chosen from interesting contemporary problems in High Performance Computing on modern hardware like multicore processors, accelerators (e.g., GPGPUs or Xeon Phi), and clusters.
Lecturer: Prof. G. Wellein (firstname.lastname@example.org), Martensstr. 1, Room 01.131. Phone -28136
Location: 2.049 (seminar room), Martensstr. 1 (RRZE), 2nd floor
Time: Tuesday 16:00-17:30
Either 2.5 or 5 ECTS credits will be granted, depending on whether the student gives one or two talks. In either case, a written seminar report is mandatory.
Possible topics can be found in the intro talk (see below).
- Moritz Kreutzer (email@example.com), RRZE, Room 1.025-113, Phone -28911
- Christie Louis Alappat (firstname.lastname@example.org), RRZE, Room 1.132-113, Phone -20800
- Faisal Shahzad (email@example.com), RRZE, Room 1.025-113, Phone -28911
- Markus Wittmann (firstname.lastname@example.org), Casa Huber, Room 0.007
- Georg Hager (email@example.com), RRZE, Room 1.130-113, Phone -28973
- Julian Hammer (firstname.lastname@example.org), RRZE, Room 1.033-113, Phone -20101
24 April - 30 April
1 May - 7 May
Karnajit Sen: Master thesis presentation
8 May - 14 May
Markus Wittmann: Optimzations for the PARDISO solver (EXASTEEL project)
15 May - 21 May
Thomas Röhl: Hands-on Introduction to the RRZE clusters and code analysis using LIKWID
22 May - 28 May
Julian Hammer; Kerncraft intro and current developments
29 May - 4 June
Thomas Köster : Roofline and its roots (2nd talk from last semester)
5 June - 11 June
No seminar this week (Bergdienstag)
12 June - 18 June
Tuesday, June 13, 16:15, RRZE 2.049: Talk by Prof. Gerhard Wellein on "New ways to fool the masses with performance results on parallel computers."
19 June - 25 June
No seminar (ISC week)
26 June - 2 July
Q&A session - meet your advisor in case of any questions.
3 July - 9 July
Christie Louis Alappat: Test talk for BGCE
10 July - 16 July
Dominik Ernst: Master Thesis final talk
17 July - 23 July
Kushal Srivastava and Nivesh Sonu: Performance Analysis of the Himeno Benchmark (part 1)
24 July - 30 July
Jan Laukemann: Open Source Architecture Code Analyzer (Bachelor thesis current status)
Tobias Klöffel: KONWIHR project report on optimization of CPMD